Importance of Mass Media in Teaching Mathematics-Communication medium in mathematics education
Radio, TV and computer are important communication tools in mathematical teaching. Because of their target group, number and distribution area, these means are called mass media.
Importance of Mass Media in Teaching Mathematics
1. Radio -Listening to the radio, teachers and students can become familiar with the latest information and discoveries of math topics.AIR & BBC Programs to be broadcast from such as the history of mathematics, biographies of mathematicians, their contributions, details of mathematical occupations, career in mathematics, employment information related to mathematics, utility of mathematics, mathematical puzzles, mathematical Knowledge of quiz, transcript, etc. can be obtained. The teacher and the student can choose programs keeping in mind their interest and needs.Regardless of the importance of radio, even though it is being used very little in our country, or if it is being used in a similar way, there will be no exaggeration.
Benefits- (1) Recognition of speech and music, repeat them, in the educational order as required.
(2.) The greatest mathematicians can also get motivation by listening to the general student.
(3.) Get the latest information of National and International research through radio.
2. Television -Even in TV, programs like radio are broadcasted, but its specialty is that both audio and visual experiences are available on TV. Therefore, programs on television are more interested than on radio programs, so these programs are more effective and attractive. Nowadays, through many TV channels, students can increase their knowledge.
Benefits from Television -
(1.) With its use, the country gets the latest information with immediate effect.
(2.) It is present in every house, so there is no need to spend money separately for this.
(3) Through it, our two senses remain active, that is, we can also see and hear, therefore our information in memory is more permanent.
(4) If any information is more important, then we can keep it and we can record it again and again.
(5) Through this, in mathematics anywhere in the world there is a new discovery, it is known immediately.
(6.) The vast distance of the world is also closer through television.
(7.) It saves our time and labor.
3. Role of Computer in Mathematical Education (Role of Computer in Mathematics Teaching) -
(1.) Teacher (Tutor) -It is available to us like a personal teacher and, whenever you want, get information from it. Due to its viability, its usage is increasing day by day. From the research it has become clear that the computer has proven effective and efficient.
(2.) Learners (Tutee) -Computer provides the learner the opportunity to learn more skills as a solution to a problem like a friend. The computer receives challenges by the learner to develop his intellectual capacity and creativity.
(3.) Tool -Due to popularity and utility of computer in education institutions, demand is increasing. The use of computers is increasing in all areas. With the help of computer today, we can get education only by sitting at home and Any problem can be solved. With the help of software engaged in this, you can obtain necessary calculations, graphs, graphs and decision making from the computer.
The biggest advantage of using microcomputer technology in the use of telecommunication tools is that with the help of this, the teacher or learner can communicate with the help of a microcomputer in any corner of the world.